The promise in the Sabbath commandment
1. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
3. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
In the beginning, God created heaven and earth for six days.
And on the seventh day he rested, blessed and consecrated this day.
The Sabbath is a day of great creation that began with the creation of heaven and earth.
A promise in the Sabbath commandment.
God saved the Sabbath as a holy day and established it as a day to remember God power and serve only God.
When Moses came down, he proclaimed the Ten Commandments by codifying the law of God, and the fourth commandment was about the observance of the Sabbath.
God added this reason, saying, "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy."
11. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
God proclaimed that the Sabbath was a day to commemorate the power of the Creator God. The people who served God took it as a holy day and kept it holy.
God also recognized the people who kept the Sabbath as your people.
13. "Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.
19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God."
In the days of Ezekiel, about 900 years after Moses, who established the Sabbath as the Ten Commandments,
God repeatedly emphasized the importance of the Sabbath commandment.
Ezekiel, believed to have been recorded around 565 BC, mentions the fact that the covenant between God and the people is a "Rest Day.
" This is a glimpse of how important God thinks the Sabbath is.
The foundation of faith begins with believing that God is the creator of heaven and earth.
Therefore, keeping the Sabbath means believing in Elohim God, who created heaven and earth for six days, and not keeping the Sabbath means not recognizing God as the Creator.
The Sabbath is a sign of God's people. If you believe in God, you must observe the Sabbath.
Why does God commended us to keep the Passover? (7)
Lina | 2021.03.24 | Votes 12 | Views 102
The reason for keeping the Passover (20)
Beth | 2021.03.23 | Votes 16 | Views 155
We are the temple of God (12)
grace | 2021.03.23 | Votes 13 | Views 134
Do you love God? (11)
Amy1 | 2021.03.23 | Votes 13 | Views 139
Is the name "Ahnsahnghong" written in the Bible? (22)
Peter | 2021.03.22 | Votes 18 | Views 209
God who came in the flesh (12)
Debbie | 2021.03.22 | Votes 15 | Views 108
The Law of Life (19)
Kelly | 2021.03.22 | Votes 22 | Views 227
Who can be the children of promise? (20)
Y.H. Cheon | 2021.03.21 | Votes 20 | Views 412
Why we must keep the Passover of the New Covenant (13)
Su_ri | 2021.03.21 | Votes 12 | Views 156
The blessings of those who are recorded in the book of life (18)
Minenhle | 2021.03.21 | Votes 15 | Views 125
Where is Zion? The answer is the church of God. (17)
Erica | 2021.03.20 | Votes 15 | Views 143
Keeping the Passover with the faith of God's Promise (19)
Mable | 2021.03.20 | Votes 17 | Views 109
You have no part with me (19)
Piona | 2021.03.20 | Votes 15 | Views 181
Invitation for the Passover Feast (14)
James | 2021.03.19 | Votes 16 | Views 151
The Kingdom of Heaven and The Passover (15)
Joel | 2021.03.19 | Votes 15 | Views 129
According to Your Word, I'll keep the Passover (29)
Maurice | 2021.03.18 | Votes 22 | Views 152
This is the whole duty of man (29)
Sam Santos | 2021.03.18 | Votes 24 | Views 176
Heavenly Jerusalem Mother is the mother of our souls (22)
Estherkim | 2021.03.17 | Votes 18 | Views 133
To Give Life, I Have Come! (15)
Glee | 2021.03.17 | Votes 13 | Views 321
Let’s keep the Passover, following the will of God (13)
Lin | 2021.03.17 | Votes 15 | Views 127