World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) given UK Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
General Pastor Kim Joo-cheol and Senior Church leader Michael King were invited to the garden party at Buckingham Palace on 24 May, where they were able to meet the Queen and other winners of this year’s award.
The Lord Lieutenant praised the World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) for their great efforts by saying, “The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service is the highest honour that can be bestowed on a voluntary group and these are very worthy recipients.”
To be nominated groups/organizations must have been operating at a high standard for a minimum of three years continually in their local areas.
The procedure for evaluation and nomination is very strict.
1. Evaluation by the Lord Lieutenant (the Queen’s representative) in the county where the organization does its volunteer work.
2. Evaluation by a Specialist Assessment Panel (leading representatives from diverse sectors of the community) assisting the Lord Lieutenant.
3. The panel evaluates nominee’s against Award Criteria and gives recommendations to the Main Award Committee, who advises the Minister.
4. Confirmation of Cabinet Office & Minister.
5. Finally, the Queen makes a decision on the advice of the Minister and gives her approval.
The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service is the Queen’s recognition for a group’s exceptional volunteer service. It is a prestigious award that a volunteer group/organization can receive in the 53 countries of the commonwealth states and the recipients are qualified to be an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire). Recipients are also authorized to use the emblem of the Queen.
The World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) is listed on the official website of the Cabinet Office under the recipients of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service 2016.
The members of the World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) have performed many volunteer activities which include clean-up campaigns, blood donor drives, visiting the elderly and much much more.